Saturday, April 30, 2011

Relaxing Time

Many of us were up early this morning and ready to hit the beach.  The beach here is OK, but what makes it so nice are the huge waves....reminded me a bit of Costa Rica and they even had a few people surfing.  About six of us decided to swim in the waves for about an hour...what a great time and so refreshing.

 We headed in for breakfast and then I decided to go back out to the beach  for a bit of sun.  Most of the beach area around our hotel is full of fishing boats.  Many of the fishermen were preparing their lines and some were already putting out their boats.  I decided to take a stroll down the beach passed all the boats...this area is much wider and almost empty.  Now we are in India, so there were not a lot of people out sunbathing on the beach, but being the good Canadian I am, I found a secluded spot and hung out for about an hour.  I would have stayed longer...there was an amazing breeze and I love the sound of the waves crashing into the shore...but the security guard at the resort I was next to decided to try and solicit some services from me that were not really available...totally unexpected!!!!

I decided to head back to the hotel and hang out at the pool with a couple of the other girls on my team.   Oh my God it was HOT....not a single breeze and sweat was just dripping off us as we sat by the pool.  The only thing you could do to cool off was stay in the pool the entire time.  At about noon I had enough sun and decided to shower and pack my things...we are only here for one night and leaving at 2pm.

I bought a few final things, hopped on the bus and we were on our way to Chennai.  This was about an hour and a half bus ride....not much to describe until we hit the actual city. There is so much traffic here...almost as bad as Delhi!!!  I really didn't miss the pandemonium of driving in the big cities.  We came across several markets, lots of tuk tuks, women in their saris sitting to the side on motorbikes...looks very interesting...lots of buses and yes don't forget the odd cow or two.

We arrived at our hotel the Thulashi Park around 4pm....I was exhausted from the sun and heat.  We checked in and at 6pm all got together for dinner in the hotel restaurant.  What a great scoff we had of Indian food.  Hard to believe this is the last meal all twelve of us will be having together....what a great couple of weeks.  By 8:30pm we said our goodbyes, exchanged business cards and headed off to our rooms.  Everyone except myself and three other people are leaving tonight, so many people wanted to finish packing and get a couple hours sleep.

Tomorrow is my last day in India, so I guess we'll see what we can find to do in Chennai.

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment